Oktoberfest @ Clarke Quay

Hi Huneybees,


Nope, I wasn't  at Germany for Oktoberfest. But in fact, I was at Clarke Quay Singapore! Every year, I see photos of people attending Oktoberfest in Germany, but it seems so quiet in Singapore...

When I heard about Clarke Quay hosting an Oktoberfest, I jumped at it! *I know I'm suppose to quit drinking, but Oktoberfest lehs! I must go! PARTAY!!!*

 

Shiny black eyeshadow and purple lips to go with my watch and off I go for Oktoberfest...


When I reached the venue, there was a  live performance by Highlander's resident rock bamd DeJavu and Penny Lane in the center stage, singing their little brand of old school rock and roll mixed with Top 40s,  to bring the party right up to the roof. 

 





Crowds were queuing to get food BEER! There were many food kiosks surrounding the central fountain area, all the participating Clarke Quay tenants - Alegro, Beer Market, Go India Express, Shiraz, The Pump Room, Vintry Singapore; offered an endless list of mouth-watering delicacies such as Crispy Pork Knuckles, Home-made German Port Bratwust and Mash, Beer Pretzel, Chicken Schnitzel, German Gourmet Sausages, Roast Pork Belly (Schweinbraten), Pork Ribs (Rippen), Braised Beef in Vineger (Rindfleisch in Essig), etc! For those looking for something abit different, there was even Chicken Tikka Currywurst, Spicy Potato Pickert and Marsala Fried Chicken Schnitzel! So much food to eat and I only had little space in my tummy. So I chose to have beer. How can I miss Beer in Oktoberfest right?!

Erdinger was the official beer that night.

 

3 cups of Erdinger beer for a Oktoberfest hat and hubby won his answering the right question given by the host on stage.


The fun did not end with the food and beer! There were pretty Deandl (girl) dressed in 'Dirndl', the traditional Bavarian costume walking around for photo taking, or even take part on the challenge at the game booths such as Beer Pong, Hoop A Beer, Fill the Mug and Scooping Treasure to win Clarke Quay vouchers.







 

Hubby snapping a shot with the model handling the photo booth before we had ours...


Afterwhich, we spotted the models in 'Dirndl', so we stopped them for some photos. That's when I spotted fellow blogger, Janice, whom I met at the SILKBATH event! It's been awhile we met, as she was busy with her work, hardly attending blogging events. It was nice to catch up with her.




With pretty pretty Janice. I feel so inferior next to her. LOL!
Ending my post with these "toy soldiers" on our way back.

Photobucket