[G+ Meetup] Park Royal on Kitchener Road - Spice Brasserie

Hi Huneybees,

I was recently invited by Nuffnang to join other bloggers for a lunch buffet at Park Royal Hotel on Kitchener Road - Spice Brasserie. The location is super accessible it's just across the street of City Square Mall; i.e. right out of Farrer Park MRT station, you can find it already.

View from behind City Square Mall.


Spice Brasserie offers all day dining in Singapore with more than just local and international delights. Its delectable Teochew Porridge buffet is a hit with the local community and is filled with hearty delights and local favourites.


Spacious and contemporary, the Brasserie’s modern ethnic décor offers a warm inviting ambience to complement your dining experience. Cosy booth seats by the window are a favourite with couples and great for a leisurely meal with friends. There are also two private dining rooms, perfect for hosting more intimate gatherings and wedding solemnisation events.

As shown above, they offer different buffet at different timings. The one I attended was the Tuesday lunch and it's priced at $30++.
For the rest, it's $34++ for Tuesday dinner, Thursday Japanese Buffet Lunch is at $30++ and dinner $34++. For weekends, it will be slightly more. Friday and Saturday BBQ dinner is $45++, Saturday and Sunday BBQ lunch is at $40++.

Let me "show" ya guys around the restaurant before you go "Wah! Ex wor!"

 The decor around the restaurant.
Check out the food at the buffet.

See the flower shape dumpling above? It's handmade and self created by the chef Jeranan (*Note* First time I see a female chef at work). It's a pastry that's made of Tapioca Flour, Rice Flour, Sago Flour and mixed with purple cabbage.

As for the inside ingredients, it includes Chicken, Peanut, Chai Po, Red Onion, Thai Palm Sugar, Salt and Pepper.
The whole dumpling takes up to 1 hour to be cooked and see the flower petals? Chef Jeranan actually handmade each of them by using small tongs to claspe the shape... Talk about hard work eh? 

This is a specialty that's a MUST TRY!

A pic with Chef Jeranan herself. She handled the whole Tuesday buffet's cuisine.

 I simply love this Pandan Chicken. I had like 3 of them...

 My first serving. From left: Baked Shell Scallop with Mozarella Cheese, Au Gratin Mashed Potato, Asparagus Wrapped with Smoked Salmon and Wasabi Mayo, Pork Cutlet with Apple Sauce, Mutton Mysore, Baby Octopus.
The Japan corner. Love the fresh sashimi.

The chef prepared Maguro, Mekajiki, Sake and Tako for me.
The famous Teochew porridge corner.






The Spice Brasserie started out having Teochew Porridge for buffet and it's only when they got more popular, they came up with more variations in buffet meals. But Teochew porridge always has its corner at every buffet that they serve.

The desserts.

I fell in love with the D.I.Y. Ice Kachang section. I added all my fav in one bowl and I couldn't stop finishing. Also, there's the delectable Chocolate Dome Cake, I knew it was totally sinful but I just can't stop helping myself to it...

There's also this Thai Milk Tea which I went bonkers when the restaurant's manager introduced to us on our "walkabout" around the restaurant.

Overall, I love the ambience, the easy-to-find location. Food is wonderful except for the occasional too salty curry, but it goes well with plain rice; desserts are a little too sweet for my liking.

I give Spice Brasserie
 
4 out of 5 hearts


To make reservations,
Telephone No. : 6428 3160
Operating Hours : 6.00 am to 10.30 pm

Muahz,
Christina aka Huney